POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro : Forest macro Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Forest macro
From: William Tracy
Date: 31 Jan 2008 02:33:15
Message: <47a179bb@news.povray.org>
Okay, this probably isn't enough trees to count as a forest, but that's
not the point. :-)

I'm playing with a macro that lays out trees over a landscape. It
generates clumps with random size and spread, and randomly scales and
rotates individual trees.

It also accepts an array of objects for trees. It randomly picks an
array entry for each tree it "plants". The given screenshot uses three
different tree meshes generated with PovTree.

PovTree generates include files with the tree mesh in the variable
"TREE". I can import several PovTree includes with code like this:

#declare treeShape = array[3];
#include "linden-lowres1.inc"
#declare treeShape[0] = TREE;
#include "linden-lowres2.inc"
#declare treeShape[1] = TREE;
#include "linden-lowres3.inc"
#declare treeShape[2] = TREE;

Finally, the landscape is a mesh generated by my very own "Poor man's
Terragen" program. :-) (Actually, it's the same mesh is used in my
"RSOCL" image.)

Come to think of it, everything in this image is a mesh. And the other
objects I planned on adding to this image are meshes made in Wings3D. I
should title the image Mesh World. 8-/

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when the sun hurts your eyes.
    -- AmaltheaJ5

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'a4b.jpg' (220 KB)